With continued growth in mobile data traffic, MNOs are exploring ways to relieve network congestion and optimise the user experience. While there are many ways to accomplish this, one such involves increased use of non-3GPP networks, such as Wi-Fi in conjunction with conventional 3GPP access networks. MNOs need a solution that delivers the optimal network connection seamlessly from those available, while optimising the user experience and taking a leading role in simplifying and facilitating user choice. MNOs need flexibility.
GoS Networks’ ANDSF solution adopts the innovative step of decomposing the functionality between the GoS Agent and GoS Manager. The GoS Agent acts as distributed ANDSF client that can be deployed on mobile devices (UE), while the GoS Manager provides co-ordination, policy administration, distribution and backend database functionality securely in the network, managing all active distributed ANDSF clients via the S14 reference point.
- Seamlessly manage handover between 3GPP and non-3GPP access networks
- Offer dynamic network selection for different applications and traffic types
- Increase user satisfaction through offers, engagement and opt-in / opt-out policies
- Take a leadership position in offering user choice and enhanced experience
- Manage registration and authentication processes seamlessly on behalf of users
- Alleviate local congestion
- Optimise conditions for demanding applications
- Best-available connectivity services
- Manage roaming data access for users
- Offer flexible packages for enhanced data rates and increased data coverage
- Automatic registration with APs and other non-3GPP access networks