Always-on applications have a big impact on smartphone battery life. This can lead to a decline in user satisfaction and application consumption can be constrained by the impact on battery life – which is not in the interests of users, MNOs, handset OEMs or application providers.
Existing solutions such as Fast Dormancy, synchronisation managers and traffic suppression may not work for all applications and further impact user experience.
What's needed is a different approach to battery saving for smart devices: one that works intelligently with user applications and takes into account handset state as well as the needs of foreground applications.
The solution is to deploy GoS Networks' innovative battery optimiser solution. The battery optimiser enables intelligent and equal access for all applications on the device. It complements existing solutions, such as Fast Dormancy and synchronisation control applications by managing excess signalling attempts and co-ordinating access to resources with other applications.
In tests, the GoS Networks' battery optimiser solution has been shown to increase battery life by up to 50%.
MNOs and handset OEMs can benefit from the battery saving solution for smart devices. The GoS Networks' battery optimiser solution is completely complementary to existing capabilities and approaches, intelligently co-ordinating access from other applications and ensuring the best user experience.
- Enable intelligent, equal access for all applications on devices
- Significantly extend battery life
- Enhance user satisfaction
- Complement existing solutions
- Increase application and data consumption
- Generate statistics to enhance application performance
- Extend battery life expectancy
- Increase user application engagement
- Deploy new battery saving applications to optimise handset performance and user experience